Rotary drilling tricone bit is essential for Borehole Rotary drilling such as for Piling Drilling, Foundation Drilling, Mining Drilling, Oil/Gas Drilling and Water Well Drilling. Normally it works with mud pump or air compressor as drilling fluid to take the cuttings out of the hole.
- Classification in terms of amount of rollers: Single Roller Bit Double Roller Bit Triple Roller Bit Four Roller Bit
- Classification from tooth type and configuration Steel Tooth Bit Inserted Tooth Bit Wedge Tooth Bit Cone Tooth Bit Ball Tooth Bit
- According to working principle
- Hole Opener Directly Drilling Bit
- Based on the way of breaking rock
- Full Drilling Bit Coring Bit
Actually there is a lot of different technology regarding tricone bit, also it needs much knowledge to identify different type of bits. The key components of tricone bit is bearing, seals and metal button.
Those key parts decides the bit’s life span, good quality metal button can make it less wear out especially for hard formation drilling. When the metal button is wear out completely or too much wear out, the bit can not be used anymore.
The function of bearing and seals is keep the bit’s roller rotating smoothly when drilling to have the every buttons contact with rock evenly. Therefore, when bearing or seals broken, the roller can not rotate functionally and will result in part of metal button wear out rapidly in short time. The high quality bearing and seal can higher life time before lose their function to make tricone bit have longer life span as well.
- 7 Rules on How to Design Reverse Circulation System
- 6 Advantages of Reverse Circulation Vs Direct Circulation On Bore hole drilling
- 8 Points on How to Select Water Well Drilling Rig
- Market Survey Metals – Iron Ore
- Market Survey Metals – Bauxite, Alumina, Aluminium
- 7 Rules of Thumb for Open Bit Blast Pattern
- Mineral Commodity Summary
- Down The Hole Drilling Trouble Shooting – Bit Damage
- Down The Hole Drilling Trouble Shooting – Hammer Piston Casing Breakage
- Down The Hole Drilling Trouble Shooting – Treaded
- Selection of DTH Drilling Tools
- Rotary Drilling Method
- General Drilling Method and Application
- DTH Drilling Care & Maintenance – Part One
- DTH Drilling Care & Maintenance – Part Two
- Basic DTH and Top Hammer Drilling Knowledge
- Well Drilling Method
- Rock Properties
- Rock Drillability
- How to Repair Drill Bit
- DTH(Down The Hole) Drilling Application